As expertize around data and technology improve, it is apparent that personalization is becoming more than just a buzzword for the travel industry. From marketing to distribution, data science to revenue management, an increasing number of travel firms are using AI and machine learning to enable hyper-personalization at scale, demonstrating tangible improvements to customer loyalty and profitability.
But there are undoubtedly challenges; although data is plentiful, it is often unstructured and diffused across multiple systems, with many organisations still spending more time acquiring and structuring their data than on actual analysis. Combined with regulatory hurdles, privacy concerns caused by high-profile data breaches and the ensuing catastrophic consequences for brands if they mishandle data, the path to success is far from clear.
To provide brands with the tools, strategies and valuable insights they need to implement, and extract value from, hyper-personalisation, EyeForTravel recently held a webinar, “How to Achieve Hyper Profits with Hyper-Personalization”, with travel data and analytics experts Dr Abhiram Gandhe (Principal Architect – Data, Analytics and Business Insight Portfolio, TUI Group), Jeremy TerBush (Senior Vice President of Analytics, Wyndham Destinations) and Trevor Filipiak (Senior Analytics and Business Intelligence Consultant, Tiber Solutions).
- From segmentation to personalisation to micro-personalisation: the challenges to, and opportunities for, implementing personalisation at scale
- How AI and Machine Learning systems are enabling hyper-personalisation; the pitfalls to avoid and the metrics for success (it’s not just about accuracy)
- Create a single customer view from disparate data sources: empower agents to provide customers with personalised recommendations in real time, across all platforms
- Why a mindset of iterative, continuous improvement is crucial when scaling AI-driven systems
- How to maximise the value of existing data and create robust, sophisticated predictions using deep learning
- In a highly-regulated environment, and with data breaches in the news often, engage members to ensure they are comfortable sharing their data
- Ensure close communication with business, technical and customer service teams to guarantee that customer communications are always consistent, timely and relevant
This webinar was held in association with EyeForTravel’s Analytics & AI in Travel North America event, taking place March 14-15 at the Hilton Parc 55 Hotel, San Francisco. Expecting over 350 senior travel executives, the event focuses on the implementation of advanced, AI-driven analytics to deliver enhanced customer loyalty and improved profitability. For more information, please visit the website: https://events.eyefortravel.com/san-francisco-summit/ or get in touch at [email protected]